Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
We gotta tippy toe and whisper from 9-5. Sometimes later. Sitting on the deck or in the garage is a relief. Pippa's on the sofa being a couch tater.
I hear ya. Wife is on the clock at 7 until 5. I've been lazy and set the alarm for 9:30; I wake Joe at 10 and he never comes out of his room. We need to check his progress on the school's app but we're still trying to figure it out because it's all Google Docs.

This weekend has been doing the lawns and weeding when the weather cooperates. I made it a point to dust and do all the floors throughout the house. I've been putting it off because it really messes up my sinuses.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Just Dad

My dad and I dug-up two of the corrugated gutter drains and reburied 4-in pvc, tied the two drains together to end in a pop-up valve. Both of the corrugated drains had collapsed at some point.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Nothing really. Changed out pork chop's bedding liner and washed it. That's it for work.
Watched church on the laptop. 6 weeks now.
Found an cool RC helicopter game on the App Store for my phone. It's free and has 30 some odd missions. It's like flying the the money pits I used to crash and break all the time (I got a busted in the basement on a shelf waiting to be resurrected).

Last edited by irie feeling; 04-27-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I spent a little more time in the evenings going at the binding and purfling on acoustic build #2. The sides are almost level and I'm coming to terms with how the back looks in places. A lot of this will be spot-filled with crazy glue mixed with sawdust; even the pros don't get it perfect.

These are the "Monet" shots; pretty from far away but up close you see the flaws. Here's the "oohs"

...and here are the "UGH!"s...

The good news is that the worst parts of the back are the part you'll never see; they're at the waist where your leg goes. Unfortunately, I'm still coming to terms with how crappy the purfling came out on the top.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

^^^
Uh mmm.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:34 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
^^^
Uh mmm.
?

If someone were paying me to build them one I'd have just ordered more binding but this was already the second run and I didn't want to have to spend another $36 plus tax and S&H for two pieces of wood. These lutherie supply houses' pricing borders on gauging. I would LOVE it if the local Rockler or Woodcraft store carried a larger selection of this kind of stuff but the labor to quarter saw and rip wood to these dimensions is extensive.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Trophy Husband

Going into work today. Only a couple of hours. They are taking care of safety training while on shutdown. Good idea. With the roads wide open it will be a fun highway ride in the Stang!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Going into work today. Only a couple of hours. They are taking care of safety training while on shutdown. Good idea. With the roads wide open it will be a fun highway ride in the Stang!
How's business. I still talk with Porschephile offline and he says it's actually booming for him because of the increased demand for delivery type vehicles and that finance rates are ridiculously low.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:02 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
How's business. I still talk with Porschephile offline and he says it's actually booming for him because of the increased demand for delivery type vehicles and that finance rates are ridiculously low.

Auction business is dead now. Car sales for typical buyers is hurting big time. Can't imagine a better time to buy a new car. Jeep is now giving 84 month's 0% financing now.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Today was trash day. My wife found out through the local Facebook group for our municipality that they would be finally collecting leaf bags and cardboard.

Last week I got a new shop vac and I love it. I'm not the most spic and span of housekeepers but it feels good to be able to clean the basement and garage - not to mention crap that's accumulated in the driveway where I've been keeping the leaf bags and my garbage cans. This may also be a no-no but I used the attachments to suck out leaves that had gotten stuck in and under several of my shrubs. My wife even pulled weeds.

In summary, my driveway and front yard look a lot more spic and span. Next up is mulch.