Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post
Its AMAZING !!!
Ryse :son of rome is a beautiful game and fun ..
The voice commands are pretty darn neat ..Wife actually like it more than i thought ..."XBOX food network" Bam on ,,

Nice link ,thanks
Does your 360 have Kinect? How is it different? IIRC my cable provider has an app for Kinect but we never use it because the Kinect is like our 6yo: always listening and acts up when we talk about it when we're in the same room.

BTW, how are the graphics on that Rome game? Is it immersive? I went to Rome once when I was into the Navy but will never get to go back. :(

Into the meantime I've been sucked into the Assassins Creed series. Again, the settings just draw me right in. Now I need to get through the next 4 games.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 11-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Very fortunate

I do have the kinect for the 360 but only used it a few times ,the kids enjoyed it..I never used the voice commands either ..
This kinect is pretty damn cool though ..I just set it up to control the AVR now too..
Ryse is a gorgeous game ..It is rather linear though so you won't just be free roaming and checking out landscape ...It is a short game ,probably 8 hours of gameplay ,but i think it is the launch title to have for either system to show of the potential of next gen games ..they are only going to get better
Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
So I just got a call from Jose, the guy from the Windows kiosk at the Mall I talked to today. He tells me he has one that just came in and he would not guarantee it would still be there in an hour, am I interested. I tell him not a good time. I did not tell him I am a couple of beers deep and it is pouring out with Friday night traffic. I tell the wife what transpired and she gets all pissy I did not act. Honey, I ain't going all Cabbage Patch over this. The cost is $500. Yikes!
They called again today, they got 60 units in and had 25 left. I pulled the trigger. The Kiosk was like hornets nest. Total props to Tony at the Windows store for hooking me up. Check that off the list. The boy can get the bundles after Christmas if he likes. I pulled the plug at $500. The nice young lady who helped me told me they are getting a store front there in about a month. They are having a kick off party there with some band named "The Dave Mathews Band" playing inside the mall. SAY WHAT?! They are expecting 10K people for it. I don't think I will be one of them.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Very fortunate

Awesome Mark ..Enjoy the new toy !
Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post
I do have the kinect for the 360 but only used it a few times ,the kids enjoyed it..I never used the voice commands either ..
This kinect is pretty damn cool though ..I just set it up to control the AVR now too..
Ryse is a gorgeous game ..It is rather linear though so you won't just be free roaming and checking out landscape ...It is a short game ,probably 8 hours of gameplay ,but i think it is the launch title to have for either system to show of the potential of next gen games ..they are only going to get better
We haven't really pushed the Kinect but it gets confused really easily when everybody's competing over it. Verizon FiOS has an app for it but we can't use it because we haven't sprung the extra $$$ for HDTV so half the channels are unavailable to us.

So Ryse is Italian for "hype" huh? I'm going to see about getting an old copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood then. Same setting, more to do.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Great Black Friday sale on
Xbox Marketplace
http://majornelson.com/2013/11/26/xb...-friday-sales/

All digital, tt3, no disc drive needed

Look how excited she is for this sale!!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:19 PM
Mogwai not for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post

Look how excited she is for this sale!!
you find the best gifs
Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Gears of war is the free game on Xbox Live. This is a game I would definitely play with you guys.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwai dad View Post
you find the best gifs
It took awhile to load up on my crappy old laptop with the Celeron processor but it was worth it. She certainly is ...uh... bubbly.

BTW, Tuttle. Which Gears of War title is it? The first one? I'm not even sure how many there are. I haven't even seen Eh Canadian on LIVE.

Also, have you played Assassins Creed 4 yet? #2 in that series has me hooked but I can't find the next one in the series (AC: Brotherhood) used locally. I think I may trade in both my Borderlands for credit toward AC: Revelations and AC3 at Gamestop.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Yeah, that's the first Gears Kwak. It was the first game where I realized that next gen had arrived. 2 player Co Op and really good 4 on 4 multiplayer.

I've heard that Ass Creed 3 is terrible, maybe try a demo first.