Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2021, 06:51 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I hung the new LED lights in the garage, did some sanding on my acoustic guitar project then swept up the cobwebs and debris on the floor with the Shop Vac. Now I'm waiting for the boy to either arrive on the bus or text me for a ride.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-11-2021, 03:11 PM
Super Nice Dad

Yesterday was pretty cool, well besides the part where I prepped an area of my lawn to test planting new grass and taking apart an old desk chair, lol. One of our neighbors planned a block party, and we had a decent turnout, the first time I met most folks, some nice people. One guy cooked BBQ and everyone else brought a dish to pass.

Some of the younger kids knew the youtuber my kid works for and one was hoping we would facetime so he could meet him, lol.

HockeySave.com
Old 10-13-2021, 02:33 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Dad View Post
Yesterday was pretty cool, well besides the part where I prepped an area of my lawn to test planting new grass and taking apart an old desk chair, lol. One of our neighbors planned a block party, and we had a decent turnout, the first time I met most folks, some nice people. One guy cooked BBQ and everyone else brought a dish to pass.

Some of the younger kids knew the youtuber my kid works for and one was hoping we would facetime so he could meet him, lol.
Ugh - I would love to see the whole concept of social media "influencer" be knocked out of the public consciousness. Many of them are more "corrupters" IMO.

I need to be tearing out the weeds and planting more grass myself, but there's talk that the weather is going to shift and we should be getting snow before any new planting have adequate time to take root.

I mentioned in the daily thread in the general section that I do a lot of administrative stuff. To blow off the stress I like to do things that I can lost in. According to my wife, tinkering on my guitars is *all* I do. She just wishes that our kitchen was as shiny as this:

Last edited by Kwak; 10-13-2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Just Dad

So yesterday my Dad and I finished a three part project of replacing two different gutter drains from the house. The old corrugated pipe was removed and replaced with pvc and pop-up drains. The builder had one drain outlet "10 feet from the house" (per code at the time) emptying uphill in front of the house. Genius! We rerouted that one around the side of the garage.

I'm planning on a french drain to further divert water away from the house in the front yard.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:01 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I've been building jigs and working on better ways to stow my hand tools on my peg boards. Most of the sawdust I've been making is just birch plywood.

I've been making good use of the rolling workbench and moved my bench top power tools either there or on the shelves in the rear of my garage. I need to work on my wood organization though. I bought a 4'x8'x3/4" sheet of birch plywood and had the guy at Home Depot rip it down into 4 2'x4' project size boards. I'm also using a cheaper plywood board as a ramp into the garage.

The main project lately has been the drum sander located in the center of the first image. I decided that softwood hole cutouts probably aren't the best idea given the amount of heat that will be produced by using the drum sander so I've moved on to a design utilizing less cutouts made of birch plywood which will be used as spacers inside a 4" PVC pipe.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:56 PM
Trophy Husband

Along with a trip to the supermarket I made 5 trips to HD to pick up 70 bags of mulch. load flat bed, unload flat bed to car then unload in place at home. That being said, I LOVE my new sketcher sneakers. I can't believe how good I still feel after today's chores. Almost half the price of the HOKA pair I bought before.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:30 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Along with a trip to the supermarket I made 5 trips to HD to pick up 70 bags of mulch. load flat bed, unload flat bed to car then unload in place at home. That being said, I LOVE my new sketcher sneakers. I can't believe how good I still feel after today's chores. Almost half the price of the HOKA pair I bought before.
You should've rented the truck, Mark. What kind of Sketcher's? I love the slip on ones. They're easy on the hammer toe.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:39 AM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
You should've rented the truck, Mark. What kind of Sketcher's? I love the slip on ones. They're easy on the hammer toe.
Yep. The bulk discount for buying a pallet (65 bags) would have probably paid for the truck.

P.S. I only know that because I almost bought a pallet of mulch last week for my wife and mom. They didn't need that much (Thank you).

Last edited by TwoCubs; 05-12-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:48 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Yep. The bulk discount for buying a pallet (65 bags) would have probably paid for the truck.

P.S. I only know that because I almost bought a pallet of mulch last week for my wife and mom. They didn't need that much (Thank you).
I may do this myself. I typically get a local nursery deliver 6-8 yards of mulch every year. My driveway is a mess for over a week and it typically spills into my lawn.

Meanwhile, my wife mentioned that she would like a cherry tree planted in the spot that used to be taken by a HUGE Norwegian pine that was encroaching on our house. The tree service I used ground the stump but not an area big enough to accommodate planting a new tree and there are HUGE roots still in the ground. I dug out the rotting wood where they left it lie (aka free mulch for the back yard) but the roots are not rotting away yet and need to come out. I've started going at them with the axe, but it's a total pain in the back. I may call them back out to finish the job.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Just Dad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wqv...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wuz...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WkD...ew?usp=sharing

This has been what I've been working-on for the last four weeks or so. Hopefully, I'll be finished in the next four weeks.