Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2022, 04:13 PM
Trophy Husband

I remember the first time our son slept in through the night 8 hours. Best Saturday morning for my wife and I in about 2 years!

Good morning.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:40 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Yeah, there are days when I miss the simplicity of my life from when they were two. I mourn for that poor bastard's simple life sometimes... all that I can change is today, though.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

I have to run out to meet Justin for a doctor's appointment today. This one is notorious for making us wait in the examination room and Justin is NOT a fan of waiting. He has a whole bag of tricks that he falls back on to nonverbally express his displeasure. I'm texting the whole crew to be on their A game.

Meanwhile, I have to go see my own doctor and have been putting it off. Justin doesn't mind getting poked and prodded but I personally hate it.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-13-2022, 11:36 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

I'm going to try to tackle a long overdue project, today. I'm taking a shot at making some heavy duty curtain rod brackets for my sons room. The current ones are one careless pull from coming down.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

I'm going to try to tackle a long overdue project, today. I'm taking a shot at making some heavy duty curtain rod brackets for my sons room. The current ones are one careless pull from coming down.
Sorry to hear that. Been there, done that. The solution is simple but not very elegant looking.

Justin still yanks down his curtains and shower curtain. We used to make a big deal of it and it became a game for him. I used to buy the metal rods practically in bulk and he used to get off rattling us by throwing those g*****n Ginsus against the wall and they'd always bend, never to be the same after that first yank. It got so bad that I'd wake up in the morning to find him repetitively taking them down and putting them back up like some kind of ritual - among other things that resulted in me literally nailed the windows shut and covering them with thick sheets of Lexan.

Eventually we went to a heavy dutyold tension rod with rubber boots. I'm not talking the little dainty chrome ones either, I'm talking the 1" thick ones with the springs inside. I tried the former with the rubber washer on the ends; they're junk. We also used to use heavier light blocking curtains with metal eye holes that the rod passes through directly.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:31 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Yeah, I'm thinking large wooden brackets with fixed 1" dowel rods. I want something my fat a$$ could do pull-ups on.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:44 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:39 PM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Snow, ice, and slush everywhere. Looks like school will be out tomorrow and maybe Wednesday. Stay warm.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:02 PM
Trophy Husband

Woke up to 2" of wet cement type snow. Had to hand shovel most of it to the edge of the driveway and clear it with the blower. A lot of work and then shovel the walkway and stoop. Good workout. My Peleton/elliptical/weights workout regiment is paying off. I did not feel too gassed after. The extra bacon and egg sandwich I brought home from a deli on Long Island yesterday gave me my drive. Good reward after. Good morning!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good afternoon,

I love the snow. It's the ice and wind I hate. We got about 10" and I'm happy to we're all home and well stocked.

I slept in after staying up late and shoveling about 3-4" off the driveways and front walk last night. Joe helped me because he was "bored" - when he should have been going to bed. I just wanted to work off the frustration of watching the Steelers implode a second time, knowing that the next few years are going to be "rebuilding" now that we have no veteran starting quarterback anymore.

Anyway, I shoveled everything a second time this afternoon, rotary spread some more rocks salt so that it's bare cement - then proceeded to clear out the clutter in the basement which is why I'm posting so late.

School is back on tomorrow and I have to go meet up with Justin downtown for his annual physical.