Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2021, 02:41 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Ida really dumped on our area pretty bad. There was lots of flooding though we were not; my neighborhood on top of a hill. Several townships declared disasters. School was called off yesterday for several districts in our area but not all. One district's bus got stranded in high water. We even lost power for most of the day - just because.

BTW, some building in several school districts were closed for another reason. We got tested - but not for that reason. I'm negative, but that's just a snapshot.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Trophy Husband

Good morning. We hsd a lot of rain here too, mostly overnight. We look to be very lucky compared to the folks down south and parts of NY and NJ. Bagged work today due to the storm going through the morning. Turned out it was over by sunrise. Nice day out. Getting a lot of chores done. It will be a nice long weekend with work being closed until Tuesday next week. Nice way to end the summer.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:17 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Good morning. We hsd a lot of rain here too, mostly overnight. We look to be very lucky compared to the folks down south and parts of NY and NJ. Bagged work today due to the storm going through the morning. Turned out it was over by sunrise. Nice day out. Getting a lot of chores done. It will be a nice long weekend with work being closed until Tuesday next week. Nice way to end the summer.
Yes, it was the same here. The rain itself wasn't nearly as bad as the severe thunderstorms we'd been having. The issue was the flash flooding. Oddly, the sun came out by mid afternoon and the water receded quickly from a lot of the formerly flooded areas. Now it's all about the cleanup for all those affected. I do not envy them.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:42 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, and it looks like we will have another beautiful day today. Fall is on the way.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:22 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, and it looks like we will have another beautiful day today. Fall is on the way.
Good morning to you as well. This site seems to be slowing down, doesn't it?

We have a football game tonight and are struggling to get our 14yo to communicate with us on how it's all supposed to go down with regards to the marching band. Long story best discussed elsewhere but I am on record for hating going to football games. I'd rather just watch them on TV and not have to put up with the crowd nonsense - and this goes back before COVID.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post

We have a football game tonight and are struggling to get our 14yo to communicate with us on how it's all supposed to go down with regards to the marching band. Long story best discussed elsewhere but I am on record for hating going to football games. I'd rather just watch them on TV and not have to put up with the crowd nonsense - and this goes back before COVID.

I miss going to HS sporting events. Our band would march in before the team then sit is a section of the stands and play the pieces for the cheerleaders. Americana at it's best. I would watch a little of the game from the bleachers and often walked down to the fence along the field and watch from there. THEN I volunteered to work the chain gang when my son started playing as a Sophomore. LOVED being close to the game without the Yentas talking about everything but the game. And you should always eat there prior to the game and and again at halftime to support the booster club.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:30 PM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Yep. Like watching a campfire burn-down. It's about all of the socialization that I do on a regular basis, but that seems to matter less each day.

Any who, good morning, guys. I had to drag my son out of bed each morning this week, but, of course, he was awake at 5am this morning. Someone out there really hates me.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

I hope you are all rested from the long weekend. It's looking like today may be the last hurrah for the heat up here and I've got work to do.

We actually went up to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls but there was some drama here at home with Justin that we need to discuss with our people here.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:22 PM
Just Dad

Good morning. I'm not sure if it's allergies or barometer shifts, but I've had the mother of all sinus headaches for the last two mornings. Coffee and Claritin didn't wipe them out.

I was able to progress quite far on the large retaining wall for the pool this weekend. My body aches, but my spirit is happy.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.
Today looks to be a good day for work. I'm planning to finish most of the wall today and begin compacting the gravel. Maybe we can get the pool installed next week to enjoy it for a month.