Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I went to my doctor's for a physical. Hitting 50 has not been fun but I feel fine and I'm told my prostate is okay.

Meanwhile, my wife insisted I finish her medicine cabinet alcove by replacing the trim with something that would completely cover the ragged hole in the wall it sits in. I ended up just using door trim molding and didn't rush the miter cuts. I even glued it all together before installing the unit. I put a coat of paint on it before bed, nailed it all together just now and installed it. I just need to seal some small gaps and paint the finishing nails:

Between gluing sessions yesterday I ripped some plywood boards to shape on my table saw to make a wood bending machine. I'm expecting a package from the luthier supplier in the next few days. Until then, I figure I should probably get a bike ride in.

Before that though, I need to go to the pharmacy and FINALLY get my hair cut. It's bad when your own hair tickles your nose. I look like a frigging gypsy.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 05-07-2021, 01:44 AM
Trophy Husband

Nice work Kwakster! The casing just fits! I hope your wife does not leave the light on that sidewall makeup mirror as often as my wife does. I assume that outlet near the sink is in a GFI circuit?
Old 05-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Just Dad

Looks nice. I do like that style of faucet. I always thought that was neat.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:04 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Nice work Kwakster! The casing just fits! I hope your wife does not leave the light on that sidewall makeup mirror as often as my wife does. I assume that outlet near the sink is in a GFI circuit?
Thanks. Chalk another thing off the list. The mirror is actually battery powered. The outlet is a GFI and on the same circuit as the outdoor outlets. It hasnít been an issue in the past.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Caulking gaps/holes in trim throughout the house and spackling up imperfections in the drywall around the new French doors.

Oh yeah - I set up the coffee makers last night before bed, set up the K-cup maker for myself, packed my kid's lunch, hounded him to get out of bed, drove him to school (we were almost late,) reminded him NOT to forget his mask this time, came home, made myself breakfast, did the dishes, took my pills (doc prescribed me more when I wanted less after experiencing side effects; I'm getting a second opinion,) cleaned up a little in the bathrooms, and filled the birdfeeder.

Now I'm getting ready to get some exercise, then work on my bicycle. I'm going tubeless. We have plans for a group ride on Saturday.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I successfully converted the tires on my mountain bike to tubeless. I'm almost ready for our upcoming group ride on Saturday. I just need to adjust my derailleurs.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:13 PM
Trophy Husband

The 5 loads of wash I did was the best part of this day. Paid my Federal taxes today and then had the A/C units tuned up. The A/C units needed about $800 in parts. I was warned last year that it would be due. One unit is 13 years old. Might start drinking early tonight.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
The 5 loads of wash I did was the best part of this day. Paid my Federal taxes today and then had the A/C units tuned up. The A/C units needed about $800 in parts. I was warned last year that it would be due. One unit is 13 years old. Might start drinking early tonight.
Now is the time of year to take care of those HVAC issues, Mark. Itís expensive because itís essential. 13 years is getting up there for the system though. Is it the core on the furnace or the condenser outside thatís that old?
Old 05-15-2021, 02:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Iím always doing laundry and running the dishwasher. My issue is forgetting about swapping loads into the dryer - and even then taking them out and folding them.

I touched up the paint around the French doors - both sides and fixed some of the gaps left in the trim. Iíd caulked and primed the day before.

My wife went out for a girlís night dinner and I stayed home, ran the dishwasher and mopped the floors.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:13 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:

Well after a $100 tuneup for 2 units turned into a $860 maintenance repair the AC company came back the next day to replace a defective part they replaced. All good now but hate being tied to the house waiting for the tech to show up. One more kick to the balls.

Kwak, condenser on the outside.