Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Yesterday I developed a scratchy throat and a sniffle. I took a COVID test before bed and it came back positive so I'll be isolating for 5 days. I otherwise feel fine and the only headache I have is keeping away from the rest of the family and having to reschedule things.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-04-2022, 07:04 PM
Tired Daddy

Prayers it will be short-lived. COVID is not fun.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Thanks, I hope so. Scratchy throat is about gone but now I have sinus headaches and I'm feeling stiff and achy like I have the flu. I've been stuck in the second bedroom for the duration while my wife works from home. She brought up breakfast and dinner but forgot about me over lunch. No fun.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Aside from the discomfort, at least you get a few days off, Kwak.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:34 PM
Super Nice Dad

It's starting to get Chilly in the dirty south.

Is this your first time with COVID? A buddy of mine just caught it too, he was hurting the first few days, says he's feeling better. He had 2 or 3 vaccinations.

I'm not hearing a lot of COVID down here but then again, they tend to be anti-covid prevention methods. I just do not want to catch it over the next 2 weeks.

We travel to Texas on Saturday, breaking the drive up to 11 hours the first day and maybe 4-5 the second depending on whether we pick our son up first. We are going to Galveston which is about 2 hours south of where he lives.

We just hope his anxiety does not kick in, we rented a house about a block from the beach and bringing both dogs. We only get to see him twice a year so far since he has not traveled to see us in SC because of his anxiety and I think he's a Yes man for his Youtube boss. He just moved back in with the guy, so at least now he's not paying $1800 a month in rent and can use that money to pay off his credit card debt from the business he started.

HockeySave.com
Old 10-06-2022, 04:53 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Yeah, this is my first COVID. It feels like the flu. I'm not having problems breathing, just lots of mucus, sinus headaches and night sweats though no fever. I got my last booster in April and was going to get the next one this week before we head up to Canada next month. Now I think I need to wait another 10 weeks IIRC because I'll have natural immunity, even though that's not supposed to be as enduring as if I'd gotten the booster.

I have two more days of isolation then I have to wear a mask around others for another 5 days per CDC guidelines. We always do around Justin anyway but I'm of the mind that the real risk comes from lingering in one confined space for too long, KN95 mask or not. I went to the ER on Thursday because I had a concern about something and I likely picked it up there, even though I wore a KN95 mask the whole time.

PS: everyone else I've been in contact with since this weekend have tested negative, so there's that.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Super Nice Dad

Glad you are on the mend. We leave for Texas tomorrow. Gonna be a long drive. 11 hours tomorrow and 4 or 5 the next day. Just hoping our son's anxiety is not off the charts, that would put a damper on the trip since we only booked it because it's so close to his house.

HockeySave.com
Old 10-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

I'm still deep in the woods on this (tested positive again this morning) but the isolation is what's getting to me.

My mom is being buggy too. Her memory is getting bad so whenever I remind her of something she hits the ceiling. It's not helping and I snapped at her. Turd of the year right here.

Old 10-10-2022, 05:31 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

I'm feeling better but took another COVID test this morning. I thought was in the clear for the first 7 minutes of the test and then the little red line that means I'm still positive made its dreaded appearance.

AW C'MON!

PS: my sense of smell came back, which is why I desperately want to GTFO of this room.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:01 PM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Yeah, that's messed-up. The mask matters less than keeping your hands clean and not touching your face. Most people don't realize how much they touch their eyes, nose, and mouth.

Crack some windows and let the stank out. It's beautiful outside.