Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Snow... cool. My daughter keeps asking me if the frost is snow. She's wanting snow for Christmas, but I'm OK without.

I hope you guys shrug-off the cold soon.

GBDad, good to hear from you.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Snow is good, frost is bad. Frost is ice. Ice is "slippy" around these parts - especially the black kind. That's the "no see um" kind you hit on the parkway that sends you into the median or off into a ditch or in somebody's house in some of the more congested areas.

God, I don't miss driving in that $#!t. Instead, I just have to get the last of the leaves out of the yard so I can string up Christmas lights. I also threw the pumpkins on top of the hill so that the deer can have good eats and the purple leaves from our tree so that they could have more padding to lie in. I could tell that's where they sleep. Hopefully I don't get a pumpkin patch up there next year though.

Is it bad to say I'm not feeling the cheer this year though? This is the second Advent season since we stopped going to church but I was getting tired of the whole meaningless "thoughts and prayers" thing. I also don't miss the laryngitis because fellowship also brings seasonal sinusitis.

Speaking of which, the wife is full on sick. It's 7am and she's still in bed. Woman had better get snapping; I'm not taking any guff because the coffee is cold.

Have a good one guys.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 12-02-2021, 11:51 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

Itís almost Friday.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

I hear you, Kwak. I've been waiting all week for the weekend. I've been helping my parents all week and am looking forward to a break. I love them, and they wear on me sometimes.

My wife has a lot of structure shifting at work in the next couple months and is interviewing for a new position today. I hope she does well. The position is the next step-up in her career ladder.

Happy weekend, guys.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

I hear you, Kwak. I've been waiting all week for the weekend. I've been helping my parents all week and am looking forward to a break. I love them, and they wear on me sometimes.

My wife has a lot of structure shifting at work in the next couple months and is interviewing for a new position today. I hope she does well. The position is the next step-up in her career ladder.

Happy weekend, guys.
Good morning,

Good luck to Mrs. TwoCubs. IMO the higher up you go, the more perks you get but the more it actually takes from your free time. My wife got a big promotion several years ago and am even bigger one last year. She found it to be less challenging from the perspective of having to personally get things done but more frustrating because it meant more meetings. I found it challenging because she would have to travel for business and I'd have to solo with the kids because we couldn't rely on family.

In your case, I hope it means more financial stability although you may see less of her.

PS: I got my Moderna booster yesterday. No issues. My arm is just slightly sore.

Last edited by Kwak; 12-03-2021 at 01:41 PM.