Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2021, 04:03 PM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Yesterday, I woke me at 3am to the sounds of my son in full party mode. I didn't get to go back to sleep. Second morning in a row.

On the plus side, I got to see the blood moon. The weather guy said it was a 1 in 700 year event for area. Wild.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning. Happy Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

Yesterday, I woke me at 3am to the sounds of my son in full party mode. I didn't get to go back to sleep. Second morning in a row.

On the plus side, I got to see the blood moon. The weather guy said it was a 1 in 700 year event for area. Wild.
Aw, thanks Little Cub /s

Kidding. You’ll find at age 13 they start to sleep - and eat a LOT.

Tonight we’re going to see the Van Gogh display.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 11-22-2021, 11:21 AM
Just Dad

Good morning.

How was Van Gogh? We were thinking about it. I actually wonder if my son would like it. Give us a review.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:06 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

It was … interesting. I don’t think my autistic son would have sat through it even though it was only a half hour long. The lighting was kept subdued so it was a little difficult to walk around but circles big enough to accommodate two people sitting side by side were projected on the floor. All the while music was piped in at a volume that was a bit too loud to allow for conversation. The experience was somewhere between being in a museum and a theater.

I don’t think I came away feeling inspired, but then again I studied a little art history and knew that Van Gogh was not quite right in the head and I felt that the presentation hinted at that. There we’re times that I felt unsettled. If you’ve ever heard recounts of LSD experiences this would probably be a good illustration of that; images would bleed in and out and literally crawl across the walls.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:33 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Thanks for the review. Only half an hour, eh? We may stick with the aquarium for the kids. I'm not a huge art buff, but I do enjoy a good show.

For this fall, we're going to try the Opryland Hotel. They do a some nice Christmas lights and decorations that kids should enjoy.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys.

Thanks for the review. Only half an hour, eh? We may stick with the aquarium for the kids. I'm not a huge art buff, but I do enjoy a good show.

For this fall, we're going to try the Opryland Hotel. They do a some nice Christmas lights and decorations that kids should enjoy.
Yeah, I don't think it was worth the price really. It's better off to just do a slideshow at home and put it to music you like IMO. I wouldn't say it's bad enough to trigger seizures but I also wouldn't call it "sensory friendly." They basically expect you find a circle on the floor, plop down and have it wash over you. If you have anything resembling autism, ADHD or sensory integration disorder that immersiveness will overwhelm you. I saw a few people walking out halfway through.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:14 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Good morning,
There we’re times that I felt unsettled. If you’ve ever heard recounts of LSD experiences this would probably be a good illustration of that; images would bleed in and out and literally crawl across the walls.
That's good Art imo, it affected you physically and emotionally.

The Philadelphia Museum of Art has a couple of Jackson Pollock's pieces. I always thought it was just splashes and dribbles of paint on a canvas. But when I saw them in person, I think I "got it". They made sense to me. It's hard to explain. I wasn't profoundly moved but intellectually I think I understand what he was going for, even if I can't put it into words. And I needed to see the pieces in person to have that breakthrough.

I'll never forget it
Old 11-25-2021, 11:53 AM
Just Dad

Good morning, guys.

Happy Thanksgiving!

After the last couple of posts, I feel so very uncultured. Just pass me my happy meal and crayons.

Ha! I need to get my oil hot and get a couple of birds deep-fried. Enjoy the holiday, guys!

Last edited by TwoCubs; 11-27-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:19 PM
Diaper Jockey

Hey Fellas!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you're all doing well and have a happy and healthy holiday season. I've been scarce around here lately but we're all doing well.

Have a good one!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 11-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good morning,

There's snow on the ground. It must be fall, y'all but this Monday especially sucks because my wife got sick from Justin and we got some bad news about two people we know passing from the big C.

BTW, Justin tested negative for COVID so it's just a really bad cold. Just another November sickness that frankly I didn't miss thanks to the lockdown last year.